My Summer Workout Routine
Oh hey Buffalo, summer looks GOOD on you. Y’all know this is my favorite season and I absolutely love this time of year. Everyone is friendly, the sun in shinning and the mood is just right. One of my favorite things about summer though, is exercising outside. I love the gym, but I equally love being outdoors. I live near the University of Buffalo, so a lot of times I run on campus or down Hertel Ave. If you’ve been following me for awhile, then you know that I switched things up last year and became a vegetarian, and really started focusing on my health. I’ve always been a fan of working out, but I kicked it up a notch and I’ve never felt better.
I thought it would be cool if I shared my workout routine with you. (I don’t know why I used the word cool…couldn’t find a substitute there) I like my body but there are days where I like….don’t LOL. I’d say my biggest problem area is my stomach. I just be tryna keep it flat….the struggle can be mad real.
Here is my typical summer workout day:
- wake up around 6:30 and meditate – I started practicing meditation a few months ago and its really helped me focus on my future and my goals. I have less anxiety and less panic attacks because of it. The Law of Attraction is real my friends! Manifest what you want, work hard, and see what the Universe will give you.
- make a smoothie – I love me some smoothies. My favorite is strawberry, blueberries, spinach, and almond milk with a dash of peanut butter. If I’m making a smoothie bowl I top it with granola. Everything is organic, and I shop at TraderJoes. (They have the best almond butter)
- morning run – I don’t run outside everyday because my doctor said its bad for your knees, but I LOVE a morning run. The air is crisp (well kinda humid) and its the coolest part of the day. I start my route on Main St., run across UB campus, back down Main St., and down Hertel Ave. where I usually stop and take a break with an iced coffee. *Note – I’m always on Hertel. So I mix up my running workouts between the gym and outside.
My typical routine:
- 100 squats
- 20 crunches
- 15 minutes on the stair machine
- 30 minute run
- 5 sets of 10 lunges with weights
sports bra Victoria’s Sport
leggings Victoria’s Sport
My current workout app:
Also, try and get a workout buddy so you have someone to hold you accountable for your daily exercises – and its more fun to workout with someone. My friend Ciara is a great workout partner. We live in the same neighborhood so sometimes we run together. I’ll be doing some YouTube videos for you guys (highly requested) of my workouts and other daily health routines.
I hope you enjoyed this week’s post! Always so grateful for each and every one of you. Thanks for reading….Nkay xx