Top Tips For Thrift Store Shopping
One of my favorite things to do is to style some of my favorite staple pieces. Since I was a little girl, I always loved putting different outfits together and make it look good. It’s always been my thing. If you’ve been following my blog for awhile, then you know that I absolutely love fashion – especially the edgy, grunge look.
Since we’ve all been quarantined, most of us have been doing some serious online shopping – nothing like retail therapy! I’ve been doing the same. But, when things calm down and you’re able to hit the shops again, you wanna be prepared. So today I’m going to share with you some helpful tips for those of you that love a good thrift store bargain.
Tips for a successful thrift store shopping trip!
- Don’t shop on a Saturday! Everyone shops on the weekends. I shop on like a Tuesday or Wednesday. Why? Because I ask when the new inventory typically comes in. That way, I get the first pick. Be smart babe girl! (now obviously you can’t shop right now, but when things get better, get out there 🙂
- Be mentally prepared – eat before shopping LOL…I mean…priorities. And, give yourself plenty of time
- Know what you’re looking for or have a general idea
- Shop with a strategy – start with the section that interests you most. Take one section at a time
- Give everything a second look!
- Pay attention to the tags, and examine the pieces carefully
- Shop off-season for clothes. Everything is marked down, and usually still on the sale racks. Buy next winter’s jacket even though you’re shopping for your summer clothes.
- Create a Pinterest Mood Board. You babes KNOW I love me some Pinterest. Take the time to come up with 5 – 6 clothing styles that you’re looking for. This will help you shop smarter, and not get overwhelmed while looking for what you really want.
I hope these tips have helped you girl. When its time to shop again, have a strategy and make the most out of your trip!
Thanks so much for reading stylist, see ya in the next one.