30 Journal Prompts To Help Start Your Morning Routine
For anyone who truly knows me, knows that I do not play with my morning routine. I love my mornings. Everything is quiet, and it’s my time to be alone and center myself. One thing that I have incorporated into my morning routine is – journaling. I love to write. Journaling has helped me start my day with a sense of stability and control. I think what really gives me anxiety sometimes is the feeling of NOT being in control. So being able to journal and express myself on paper is so therapeutic.
Some days I will journal about something specific, while other days I write whatever my stream of consciousness is thinking about. I allow myself to just be free with my thoughts and let my pen do its thing. When I let go of the thoughts in my head, I feel happier….and it’s a beautiful feeling.
Before I write, I have to set the mood – I turn on my air diffuser, play some meditation music from the Insight Timer app, and make sure the curtains are open to allow in some natural sunlight. Yall already know I need the sun to survive. Once I’m in the mood, I write.
In today’s post I’m going to share with you 30 journal writing prompts that you can use when you journal. A journal prompt is a simple statement (like a mantra) used to inspire you of what to write about. Sometimes we have so many thoughts but we’re unsure of where to start. Hopefully this list can help you.
- What are 5 things that I’m grateful for today?
- Why do I feel so angry right now?
- How can I forgive myself?
- Make a list of everything I’d like to say “yes” to.
- Make a list of everything I’d like to say “no” to.
- What would my childhood look like if my parents went to therapy?
- How can I break the cycle of generational trauma within my family?
- Who makes me feel emotionally safe, and why?
- What does unconditional love look like to me?
- Describe myself in 3 words.
- What are 5 things I’m good at?
- What are some of my limiting beliefs that are currently holding me back?
- What would my goals look like if I told myself that they are actually achievable?
- What are my greatest fears?
- I really wish others knew this about me…
- Why do I feel so guilty for wanting to put myself first?
- What do I need to let go of right now?
- What is something I’ve learned about myself this year?
- When I’m in physical or emotional pain, the kindest thing I can do for myself is…
- What is one thing I’ve always wanted to try, but was always too afraid to try it?
- What is on my mind right now?
- I feel most energized when…
- I feel really sad and hurt when…
- Name 5 people who inspire me to be a better person.
- What has surprised me the most about my life so far?
- If you wrote yourself a love letter, what is the first thing you’d say?
- Why do I feel like I’m misunderstood?
- Describe a recent compliment that was given to me, and why it made me feel good.
- What are my biggest triggers?
- If my body could talk, it would say….
I hope these were helpful to you, and that you can use a few of these when you sit down and journal.
Thank you so much for reading, I appreciate each and every one of you for stopping by!
See you next week,
Shop this post…