Happy Monday Stylists! How are we today? I hope you’re better than yesterday, because we can only get better right?
Last week I received a DM from one of my followers, and she asked me if I was a Manifestation Coach. I told her no, but I do practice meditation every morning, and manifest the things that I want in my life. She was so surprised, and I was so flattered! I have also received messages from my followers asking me how do I meditate. So, I thought I would answer those questions in a blog post – and its been a topic I’ve been meaning to talk more about anyway.
Quite honestly up until a year ago, I didn’t even know what meditation really was. I just assumed it was something monks practiced. (I know, so ignit….) But things have changed! I’m such a better person, and have seen such an amazing transformation in the way I act, think and feel.
I didn’t always used to be “that” girl. I never woke up early. I didn’t always pray. I had no idea what manifesting was. I thought The Secret was nothing but a silly ideology, and I sure as heck didn’t understand what Affirmations were.
Since I’m a Netflix fanatic, I came across the movie called “The Secret.” I’m sure every one of you has heard of it. I’ve watched it twice. The first time was about five years ago. I didn’t think much of it, and didn’t really think anything of it. It sounded like complete BS to me at the time.
And then one day…. I randomly watched it again.
I realized something about myself after watching it.
I was in the way of myself.
I was my own limiting belief.
I doubted my abilities. I had so much self-doubt.
Before I begin with my process, remember that everyone’s process is different. Try not to get caught up in the “how” Just do! With that said, here is how I meditate.
- Every morning when I wake up (before I check my phone or eat breakfast) I find a quiet spot to meditate. This might sound redundant, but always place yourself in the right environment to create those positive high vibes. I like to meditate outside on my porch so that I can feel the air against my face, and take in all of the morning feels. Take a moment to notice the light, sounds and energy.
- Next, I turn on my meditation music playlist. Grab your cell phone/laptop and your headphones. (you can of course listen to your music without headphones). I usually use ear plugs. There are some great playlists on Spotify and YouTube. My personal favorites are ohm chanting monks. Here is what I’m currently listening to: Tibetan Bowl Music: Chakra Healing
- Sit in a comfortable position. Legs crossed works best for me (just like I am in the above pic) Close your eyes. Keeping your eyes closed helps you focus. You’re giving your body permission to be completely alone and centered. There is nobody else around. Just you and your surroundings. Don’t forget to sit up straight! Posture is important.
- Start off by taking 5 deep breaths – breathe in and breathe out. Practicing these simple breathing techniques will help you relax. Relaxation is the secret of meditation. You have to let go of all negative thoughts of stress and anxiety. Breathe in through your nose, and breathe out through your mouth.
- As you continue to breathe in an out, direct your mind to positive thoughts. What is one goal you’re striving for. Let’s say for example you want to buy a new house by the end of the year. Imagine yourself in your new house. What does it look like? What color is the outside? Do you have a pool? While your eyes are closed, continue to envision where you want to be. Or, simply think about whatever is on your mind. There are no clear rules. Maybe you’re thinking of a bad breakup. Allow yourself to feel that. Give yourself permission to go through whatever emotions you’re currently feeling. It’s ok to think of things during meditation that don’t always make you feel good.
- Another way I meditate is to say my daily Affirmations out loud. I get very specific in what I’m asking the Universe for. If you want a new client by May 1st, say exactly that. “I will receive a new client on May 1st.” It’s never “I hope,” or “I wish.” Believe in what you’re asking for: Ask, Believe, Receive.
- Continue in this mindset for 2 – 5 minutes (this is the time I recommend for beginners) Pay attention to your breath, and pay attention to your thoughts.
- Once you finish (and its ok to set a timer) slowly prepare yourself for a soft landing. When the timer goes off, keep your eyes closed until you’re ready to open them. Don’t rush the process. Be grateful. Recognize the fact that you woke up to see another day, and that you had a moment to sit still with your thoughts.
So what are the benefits of meditating?
- Reduces anxiety/stress
- Increases focus
- Fights impulses
- Redirects bad habits
- Calms your mind
- Controls your energy
- Allows you to embrace gratitude
- Gives you the opportunity to start your day off in a positive mindset
Meditation is for everybody. It works well for me, because I can let go of the anxiety and stress that I feel. Some days I’m anxious. Meditation allows me to be present and live in the present moment – not thinking about yesterday, and not worried about tomorrow. I think about my goals, and I send out all the positive vibes into the Universe.
Remember – The Universe is ALWAYS working for you!
Thanks so much for reading babe. I’ll see you next Monday xo,